About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two very busy,wonderful,funny,beautiful children who I have been blessed with to be their mommy. I am also the wife to a sweet,handsome guy who works hard so that I am able to work part time and stay home with our monkeys part time. Our life is never dull, and this is where I vent,share,and everything in between !

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Parenting......not an easy job!!

I am so tired, my head hurts, but I feel like I made small baby steps toward my goal.....I have been struggling with my girl, and her...well, to be honest her lack of respect and obedience when she is with me.  She and I are almost always butting heads, and some days it feels like she WANTS to fight with me, even though the outcome is never good.
The last couple of days I have been feeling like I am the worst mother,and everyone is judging my lack of skills,  my kids dont obey when they should, and I felt like I would get more response if I told the wall to do something....
Well, I didnt get much sleep last night thinking about everything, and decided that this morning no matter what, my girl would understand that this behavior has to stop. Today. We had a long talk before leaving and she knew the consequences if there was disrespect or disobedience.  About 20 minutes into our first outing with her cousins, she disobeyed.  It was a very sad girl who had to leave the building and sit outside with me while everyone else got to finish....I know someday her stubborness will be an asset, but today, after close to 30 minutes of sitting with me and watching her cousins play she was ready to tell me and her daddy she was sorry and pray out loud with me to tell Jesus she was sorry....phew!
After that, she did a great job, and got to play and have fun.....Both kids were so tired they probably would have gone to bed at 4 if I tried, but since Josh got called into work me and the kids had an early dinner, they had their baths (super dirty little feet!) and were both asleep by 6:45 tonight....
I am reading the book The heart of Anger, and some of it makes me wonder if they know my kiddos personally!!  Its a good book, and I know the next few days are going to be rough and tiring, but the reward will be so worth it!!
So, if you think of me please send up a prayer for strength for me.....If I didnt love my kids so much I would not be taking the time for this process.....

No comments:

Post a Comment