About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two very busy,wonderful,funny,beautiful children who I have been blessed with to be their mommy. I am also the wife to a sweet,handsome guy who works hard so that I am able to work part time and stay home with our monkeys part time. Our life is never dull, and this is where I vent,share,and everything in between !

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Today was a good day

This will be a rather short blog since I havent been feeling that great, and my head is killing me....Anyway, I think I wrote earlier in the week about how I was feeling like a bad mother and couldnt seem to get things in order....After that post I decided that whining about it online wasnt going to make anything different. It was me that had to change.  I have been reading The HEart of Anger (as well as two other books not related to this blog) and realized that Over the years our house had become more of a child centered home in some ways, and that had to change.  Thursday was rough, Friday was better (only 1 incident) and today....no incidents.  I know that there is still alot of work that I need to do, but the overall tone in the house was better. My girl seemed happier, and was definitely more respectful and obedient, and my boy was less whiny....So I am seeing progress, and I know I felt better at the end of day getting the kids ready for bed knowing that I had not raised my voice once, I did not get angry with them, and it is just so nice to sit here and realize that today (even though I feel like a truck ran over me--love allergies!) was a good day.  This has been a tiring week, but at least I feel like it was worth the struggle and mental exhaustion if our days can continue to be like this.  -yay!-

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's going well! It is hard to be consistent, especially when you're tired or sick. Hope things continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete