About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two very busy,wonderful,funny,beautiful children who I have been blessed with to be their mommy. I am also the wife to a sweet,handsome guy who works hard so that I am able to work part time and stay home with our monkeys part time. Our life is never dull, and this is where I vent,share,and everything in between !

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Decisions and shins

This past weekend I decided that I needed to make time for me.  So after the kids are in bed I have been donning my sneakers, snagging Joshs ipod, and heading out for a walk. I WANT to run, but am not in good enough shape to do that......yet.  Tonight I really didnt want to, but Josh "made" me....actually he said he would do the dishes so I could go, so I grabbed that opportunity and went for my walk....unfortunately by the time I got to the bottom of our street, my shins started bothering me.  I powered through and kept going, and walked possibly a half mile (honestly, I dont know how far i walked, I have no concept of mileage, but half mile sounds decent)  I wanted to go further, but decided that my legs needed to go home.  Literally walked in my door, and it started torrentially raining....so tonight as much as my little shins are killing me, I am thankful that they hurt so much that I came home, otherwise I would have been soaked, and looked like a drowned rat....so anyway I am enjoying my time, just need to make my shins stop hurting...any ideas out there? I need new sneakers too, and would love any input anybody out there might have!!

1 comment:

  1. Go to mapmyrun.com You can log your exercise and it will tell you how far you went. I come back from my runs and go on right away to see how far I went.
    As far as shoes...Asics are great running shoes, but I didn't mind my Adidas ones either. For me Nikes were bad for my shins, but it could just be my feet.
    Hope you find something that works! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete