About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two very busy,wonderful,funny,beautiful children who I have been blessed with to be their mommy. I am also the wife to a sweet,handsome guy who works hard so that I am able to work part time and stay home with our monkeys part time. Our life is never dull, and this is where I vent,share,and everything in between !

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

my encouragement

Sunday -Mothers Day- Pastor had a mothers message which was  tailor made for me, or so it seemed :)  I have been having a hard time with alot of things lately ( Vague , I know...sorry) and I think between the message sunday, and the book I am reading I decided I need to make an effort to change myself before I can expect anyone else in my world to change.......
So- Monday morning after my quiet time, I decided I was not going to yell (yes, I am a yeller. Not proud of this, but working on it)  Morning went great, had a hair appointment at noon-always a fun time!!- went to the park with the kids, went home....major meltdown time . Honestly- before monday I would have yelled and been a "bad" mom. Instead I remained calm, spoke softly, and didnt back down.......after.........45 minutes of this (amazingly I was still calm) the meltdown ended. We talked about it,prayed and moved on to have a nice evening.
Tuesday-great morning again.  MAJOR meltdowns (yes both kids this time) starting in the car and continued for about a half an hour after we got home. Again, I remained calm (harder to do this time)spoke softly and didnt back down...she got it out of her system , we talked and prayed and moved on.
Today- decent couple of hours, and then....Meltdown time...only lasted about 20 minutes today. I was calm, and soft spoken and once it was out of her system she was fine.
Yes there is a pattern of time of day, yes she is tired, yes she has an early bedtime....but the encouragement for me is that each day it has been less time for the meltdowns....and I HAVE BEEN CALM!!!!!!!!!
So, anyway this might have seemed jumbled and odd, but it is so encouraging to me.....maybe we will survive living in this apartment for another year  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment