About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two very busy,wonderful,funny,beautiful children who I have been blessed with to be their mommy. I am also the wife to a sweet,handsome guy who works hard so that I am able to work part time and stay home with our monkeys part time. Our life is never dull, and this is where I vent,share,and everything in between !

Sunday, September 11, 2011

remembering the tragedy

Ten years ago but yet I still can remember exactly where I was, what I was doing and who I was with when I heard that there had been an attack on one of the twin towers.
I was teaching at The Howard Center, we were outside on the side playground, and I was helping a little boy climb up the ladder of one of the climbers. Judy came out and told us to take the kids back in to the classroom immediately, there had been an attack.......
I remember getting a phone call from Josh checking to make sure I was ok since I was working in a state building...and then the parents coming in frantically to get their kids and head home to make phone calls to friends and family who worked in or near the towers...a few of my students lost family /  friends in the attack.
I remember getting home from work that night and just watching in amazement and shock as they played over and over again the images from earlier in the day.  Hearing the numbers that were lost. The list getting longer and longer as the hours and days went on.
Praise the Lord, I did not personally lose anyone in the attacks, but it still amazes me the stories that we hear. People who were thought to have been killed, found..people who should have been on one of those flights, but weren't...people who were running late for work that morning, and so survived...The way that this horrendous tragedy brought people together....Overwhelming thankfulness for the fire,rescue workers that risked and gave their lives to try to help others....Thankfulness to their families, and Heartache to the spouses of those workers, who became widowed in an instant, children who have had to grow up without mom or dad ....so many people were touched by this tragedy.
I will always remember that day.......where were you? what do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment