About Me

My photo
I am a mommy to two very busy,wonderful,funny,beautiful children who I have been blessed with to be their mommy. I am also the wife to a sweet,handsome guy who works hard so that I am able to work part time and stay home with our monkeys part time. Our life is never dull, and this is where I vent,share,and everything in between !

Saturday, August 6, 2011

my two aquatic animals...

hmmm..... rereading my title makes it sound like I have water animals at home, but no, I was actually referring to my children...  lol!!!
My kids have always LOVED water. baths, lakes, pools, sprinklers, puddles , you name it and they will splash in it.  Well Athena has been dead set on learning how to swim, but we havent been anywhere where the water is deep enough for her to really swim without cheating....until last weekend. my aunt invited us to her house in south hero and we went, and athena started doing some "swimming" with a life jacket on....then with water wings....we went back on wednesday with josh and she was swimming back and forth with only water wings and jumping in the pool on her own....then yesterday we grabbed my mom and went back and she was swimming from one end of the pool to the other without any floaties...(yes she had on flippers) and was so proud of herself!! I was proud of her too!!!
Now, there is caleb. He has never had ANY fear of water, and since he was able to walk would just jump into a pool hoping someone would be there to catch him (many,MANY heart attacks on my part!) well once he saw his sister jumping in the pool without anyone catching him he had to do it too! He of course had a life jacket on, and would jump arms and legs out into the water and come up every time with a HUGE grin on his face! He then would face plant the water--->almost dead mans float for a minute and then pop back up again with a big grin....he would "swim" all around the pool following his sister, and they had so much fun!! Did I take any pictures of ANY of this??  Nope.  Left the camera at home.....Grrrr.....Oh well, I guess that means we will have to go again and maybe, just maybe I wont forget the camera at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment